D&S provides a wide range of Geotechnical services including field investigations, laboratory testing, and engineering analysis. Recent projects include:
- New Gas Processing Plant; Decatur, Texas.
- New 150,000 sf Warehouse Facility; Denton, Texas.
- Potential Manufacturing Facility on 40 acre site; Fort Worth, Texas.
- New School Addition; Bonham, Texas.
- TxDOT PPP Project; Fort Worth, Texas (contract drilling).
- TxDOT Highway Reconstruction Investigation; Commerce, Texas (contract drilling).
- New Pump Station; Lake Plaestine, Texas (contract drilling).
- Numerous Light Commercial, Institutional, Municipal and Church Facilities across North Texas & Southern Oklahoma.
- Two drill rigs and crews operating a CME 75 and Mobile B47.
- Three field geologists.
- Drilling and sampling soils and rock strata using continuous flight augers, hollow-stem augers, and rock coring equipment.
- In situ testing.
- Installation and monitoring of vibrating wire piezometers and groundwater observation wells.
- Geotechnical logging and groundwater level monitoring.
- Index properties (e.g., moisture content, unit weight, Atterberg limits, grain size, soil
- Strength properties (e.g., unconfined compression strength, direct shear, indirect tensile, and California bearing ratio (Triaxial testing capabilities are pending).
- Volume change properties (e.g., one-dimensional swell, consolidation).
- Chemical properties (e.g., sulfate content, pH, others by subcontract).
D&S works closely with Integra Geotechnical Services, a certified woman-owned business, to perform geotechnical testing services in support of our projects.
- Foundation bearing capacity.
- Retaining wall external stability.
- Lateral earth pressure.
- Slope stability.
- Potential vertical movement.
- Subgrade modification.